Homework is any learning activity which the student does in response to a teacher’s assignment. The teacher will take this work into account in evaluating the student’s achievement. Homework on a regular basis not only enriches classwork but also:
- Stimulates initiative, independence,
responsibility and self-discipline
- Encourages a carry-over of worthwhile school
activities into permanent leisure activities
- Helps students to manage their time efficiently
- Helps students to realize their full potential
- Helps students recognize that learning is a
continuous process that takes place throughout
life and not just in the classroom.
With respect to homework, parents are encouraged to provide a suitable time in which the student can do his/her assignment, and a quiet atmosphere which will help the student develop the concentration skills needed for a successful learning experience.