Field trips are occasionally scheduled during school hours. Field trips are important in the students’ educational development in that they supplement the classroom learning process by:
- Giving students an opportunity to observe and investigate outside of the classroom
- Enriching the educational background
- Stimulating student interest and inquiry
- Developing social awareness
- Helping students recognize that learning is a continuous process that takes place throughout life and not just in the classroom.
A parental permission slip is required for each student participating in the field trip.