PROMOTIONAL POLICY GRADE12345678SUBJECT LANG. ARTS LITERACYXXXXXXXX MATHXXXXXXXX SOCIAL STUDIESXXXXX SCIENCEXXXXX
- In grades 1, 2 and 3, a child who fails in language arts literacy (reading and language arts) or mathematics shall be retained.
- In grades 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8, a child who fails in any three promotional subjects shall be retained. A child must receive a passing grade in every promotional subject – either during the academic school year or by attending North Bergen Summer School.
- Mid-marking period elementary school progress reports will be sent home to inform parents of their child’s progress. The report card will indicate the year-to-date student progress.
- All promotions are absolute and are not considered conditional or trial promotions in any respect.
- The final report card and cumulative record will indicate the promotion or placement of the student.
Note: Only students fulfilling all requirements to receive a diploma are eligible to participate in the eighth grade graduation exercises.
Last Modified on April 20, 2009