Welcome to the 2015-2016 School Year!Congratulations to Ms. Sandstrom,
Mr. Narucki, Ms. Stellar-Hammond andAll of Our Franklin School Students and Community On The Exciting News From
Read-A-Thon.com!Wow! Great Job!
Our mission at Franklin School is to create a safe school climate that is challenging, nurturing and encourages students to work and collaborate with one another, promote creativity and become effective communicators and critical 21st century thinkers. We strive to provide an environment that encourages a respect for self and others and instills a passion for academic excellence.
The vision at Franklin School is to foster a school environment that encourages students, staff and parents to create a culture characterized by respect, harmony and equity where students can discover and reach their maximum potential. The entire school community works cohesively to attain and achieve academic, social, and civic goals that will prepare our learners to exercise critical judgment and adapt to change, becoming citizens capable of utilizing tomorrow’s resources and technology responsibly.
· Develop students’ reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
· Prepare students to integrate learned skills with 21st century technology and become effective problem solvers and researchers.
· Encourage acceptance of others and the treatment of others as equals based on mutual respect and consideration.
· Celebrate school and individual student successes as a community working together.
· Motivate students to participate in programs that aim to create a sense of communal awareness.
· Work with educators, parents, and community members to provide students with the opportunity to engage in activities that create a prospective vision for the future of their communities."Together we can achieve excellence in education!"
Franklin School has added 17 new keyboards to its music program this year. Learning piano, violin, guitar, or other instrument has proven to have a direct affect on academic succes and focus. Thank you to Mr. Somick and The Board of Education for purchasing these keyboards for our future musical and academic success!
Congratulations to Ms. Amy Anderson!
Franklin’s 2016 Teacher of the Year!